|Purchase Dance of Opinions
My 229-page Dance of Opinions eBook can be purchased on Amazon. Your purchase includes an accompanying 80-page workbook.
Download the Free Workbook
If you have purchased my book, you can download and print out the accompanying workbook, provided as a 1.2MB PDF file. Note: the workbook is password protected. Use the last word on the last page of Dance of Opinions to open the workbook in Adobe Acrobat Reader (Hint: the word has four letters).Download the free workbook (PDF format)
Download a Free Extract
You can download a free extract in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.Download a free extract from the book
When you are using English as a second language on the phone, in emails, during meetings or presentations, are you expressing your opinions as persuasively and authoritatively as you would like? Dance of Opinions: Mastering written and spoken communication for intercultural business using English as a second language is an easy to learn and easy to apply method for intermediate and advanced ESL business people for improving how they express their opinions.
In this book you will learn what communication is, what is different about communicating in an intercultural context and why that is the case. This will increase your awareness of what is really going on when using English in your particular intercultural business context. You will also learn how to get your opinions across clearly and concisely every time. You will gain confidence because you will know what to do, how to do it and when. You will also learn how to measure your progress as you gradually begin to implement my five-step CLEAR method for expressing opinions.
The CLEAR method for expressing your opinions in English as a second language, which I have evolved over the past decade of working with clients from a variety of cultures, is a unique, proven solution to what is missing for you. Below is a list of the kinds of professionals that can benefit from using my CLEAR method for expressing opinions in English as a second language. The list is by no means complete, since the desire to improve intercultural communication is not restricted to any job title.
- Leaders and members of intercultural teams
- International project managers
- Managers and staff of restaurants and hotels serving international clients
- Supervisors or managers who host intercultural meetings
- Staff who present short reports or presentations at intercultural meetings
- Specialists who give lengthy presentations at international conferences
- Staff who write business documents and emails for international colleagues
- Leaders and participants in international telephone or video conferences
Dance of Opinions has five major objectives. First, to increase your effectiveness in expressing opinions in English as a second language, by a better usage of the grammar and vocabulary you already know. Second, to show you how to consistently include both sides of the two-way street called intercommunication. Third, to expand your intercultural insight. Fourth, to give you a new method for preparing and organizing your opinions, which you can apply to written and spoken communication at work. Fifth, to see speaking and listening from a new perspective, so that you can take different actions.
Dance of Opinions includes:
- my five-step CLEAR method for expressing your opinions
- hundreds of questions to guide you when creating written or spoken communications
- an 80-page downloadable workbook containing dozens of exercises
- a glossary of intercultural communication terms